Joy Ride to Ragihalli Forest

Corona Covid 19
Due to Corona Virus - it's work from home. Trying to stay away from crowded busy places. With Digital information via Whats app & Facebook - there is so much of information - right or wrong - a bombardment to the brain. You've got to "Let your mind Free"

In a fix - what workout to be done today
It's normal wake up time at 4:45 am - figuring out what needs to be done today. Keeping in view - "Thank God it's Friday" & "Thank Us - Corona Virus" - a confused start of affairs. Here's what i had in mind :
Route - probably do short Hill Repeats in Ragihalli or Meenakshi Mall
New Route for Hill Repeats - at Shivalinga Ashram.

On the road once again
I just set off at 6:10 am once again just figuring out - what route i will take. It was a good warm up for 30mnts at Banerghatta Road. I usually like the down hill heading toward Ryan International - a gush of speed & thrill. As we turn left - there's is another down hill adjacent to Sarla Birla Academy.

The right turn towards Ragihalli Forest
As i was zooming by, i took the right turn towards Ragihalli Forest. I have been on this route a couple of times - by Car. There is a check post at the beginning of the Forest - they do not allow Cyclists on this route. I managed once 2 years ago on my Trek 3700 - was lucky. Tried once more time - but was sent back. Well, i had high hopes that i would manage to sneak in. As i came closer towards the Check post - there was no one. A hard push to the pedal - as i tried to tell myself - dekh lenge, i was in the jungle.
road leading towards Ragihalli Forest

Ragihalli Forest
As i gained speed & covered more distance - i was far away from the check post. On the left - i could see the Golden Color Sun trying it's best to shine bright. The cold winds touched my body - a sense of chilly morning. The roads were now zigzag with a beautiful tarmac. I always had the fear to spot "An Elephant" - as i was in the Elephant Corridor Zone adjacent to Banerghatta National Park. I reached the top point to get a magnificent view of Kanakpura Mountain range. Stopped for a while & headed straight further. I was at the end of the Forest range. I avoided the last check point & took a u turn.
The return was a downhill - so i was fixed to the hoods to get a good speed. The sheer wind touching my face with cold breeze - it was a moment of joy. I quickly stopped to take a quick video. It was absolute silence - nothing to disturb you, not even Corona. The 360 view was panoramic with only lush green landscape. As i got close to the main gates - i only wished i didn't get stopped by Forest Officials. I was lucky - no one around. I was soon at the main road heading back home.

Sometimes when you don't have a plan, you just ride.

"You've got to live with memories not dreams"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monsoon Special - Cycle ride near Banerghatta -- Begur n Lake area